I wrote earlier this year, here, about my cousin Vicki, who I've continued to think about throughout my life, though we hadn't seen each other or spoken in nearly two decades. If you look at that old post, and scroll to the comments, you'll see what I found last week - a new comment from Vicki herself. As of this writing, I'm happy to give the update that we've shared a few emails now and we're both excited at the chance to get to know each other as the grown women we've become. Michael tells me this is a bona-fide Christmas Miracle™, and I don't disagree.
Because Vicki told me, much to my delight, that she's still a huge Bon Jovi fan, here you go:
My wish for you is that every day, you have a little of the peace and kindness associated with this time of year. So many people say they love Christmas because it's the one day everyone tries to get along. What if, in that sense, every day was like Christmas? Just think about that.
Whatever you're celebrating today, whether it's Christmas, a holiday associated with your religion, or simply another day that you've woken up to life on this planet, I wish you all imaginable happiness. To those I love, may you know how desolate I would be without you.
3 comments:
That's really sweet. Happy Holidays Heather.
Thanks for posting this. Yay for miracles and yay for love. You're an amazing person.
x
You rock Heather. I'm kinda sad that we weren't able to hang out over Christmas. :(
Hope everything pans out though.
Post a Comment