I gave in to a really foul mood earlier. You know the kind - it starts with one too many nights of not enough sleep, then continues with one too many blocks walked in the rain, and then one too many people take their bad mood out on you... Yeah, that kind. I let the last harsh word said by someone who didn't mean it get to me anyway.
Right now, though, I'm thinking of a few little things that save a minute here or there, so that they add up to a better day.
I am just a little happier than I would be without:
- The radiator under my bathroom towel rack, allowing me to dry my hands on a warm towel
- Santa Claus the Movie on TV with limited commercial interruptions
- The bathroom scale that says I've lost almost 20 pounds since I started keeping track
- A cup of coffee to keep my hands warm
- Someone having told me they like the sound of my voice
- A cookie made from my best friend's secret recipe
- Fuzzy socks which, though they do not match, are a nice barrier between my feet and the concrete floor
- Batman
2 comments:
Nothing trumps Batman damnit. Good to see you in better spirits. Much e-love coming your way from Austin and from the big boy in the corner smoking downwind from ya. ;)
I love this post! It's so easy to focus on the stuff that leaves the pit in your stomach that sometimes you just have to step outside of it. And look what's there if you look!
Love the mismatched fuzzy socks image. Adorable!
Post a Comment