Caruso is probably one of the most overdone songs in, well, ever. Still, I stumbled across this rendition done by Lara Fabian and as I sit here listening to it, it blows through me, grabs debris I've been holding on to and flings it out into the world. It feels like this singer was inspired to do this song just so she could give voice to things I lack the talent, courage, and eloquence to say for myself. I don't even speak much Italian, so there's still a cloak of linguistic protection in which to wrap myself - I never said that. She said it, and she was just singing this old song.
5 comments:
I like your blog. I was reading some of your archives this song sure does contrast with Ian.. he was with Anthrax?
I like the way you write.
Tom
Hey, thanks for that. Really.
My musical taste is all over the map. He is with Anthrax, and I cheerfully car-thrashed to the Anthrology last week, and am today listening to sad old Italian love songs. That's how I roll.
No really, thank you.
That was just mind-blowing. I nearly cried watching that. Thank you for finding it and sharing it.
Most welcome. I DID cry. Then I played it again.
That is beautiful ...
Post a Comment