That nightmare, I'll grant you was a nice, nasty piece of work. I know you left it there, waiting, waiting for the moment I hit a low enough note in the rhythm. The bit with the big, scary bird with the mask, eating my heart... that was masterful. And the way it smelled and the fluorescent lights... You knew I'd be desperate to claw my way back to wakefulness and then you'd have your chance.
You can hide in my shadow, under my bed, in the creaking of branches outside. Lurk all you want, you bastard. I will beat you.
Chemicals are wonderful things. You're no Harvey Dent, no Scarecrow, not even a Penguin. You're just Insomnia, and no one ever named a Batman villain after you. You don't even make the DC/Vertigo pantheon at all, but you know who does?
Morpheus. Sandman. Sleep.
You will lose.
One night.
Soon.
I promise.
One night.
Soon.
I promise.
1 comment:
When you finally beat it, tell me how, k?
Post a Comment