30 November, 2008

Poetry Assignment: Ice

Challenged by Melissa to write a poem using the word ice, I accepted only on the understanding that I am not a poet and my entry is allowed to be awful.
With that, here it is:

Ice & Fire

He said I was as cold as…
I had to be
Because his temper was as hot as…

My heart is now as hard as…
Until the next time
He loses control like a wild…

You see this calm as smooth as…
It won’t survive
My shame that burns like…


See Phil's entry here and Melissa's entry here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! What do you mean, not a poet? It's good! Really.

Anonymous said...

It's about as far from awful as you can get. It's really good. I love the hanging ends of the first and third lines, very well done.

Heather said...

Thank you both! *refrains from poet/don't know it joke*