30 April, 2009

Sound Body

I started the Couch-to-5k running schedule about a month ago, and did really well with the first week, then little by little, I placed other things higher on the list of priorities. I won't go into what, but most of it didn't belong on the list at all, much less placed above my physical well-being.

Today I'm back on schedule, and Week 2, Day 1 dictates: Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes, plus stretching and cooling down. The following playlist will be my stopwatch, telling me when to run and walk:
  1. Take Me To The River - Talking Heads: 5:03 (warmup)
  2. Distance Equals Rate Times Time - Pixies: 1:24
  3. No Brakes - The Offspring: 2:04
  4. Blacklight - Misfits: 1:28
  5. California Sun - The Ramones: 2:03
  6. You Gotta Feel It - Spoon: 1:29
  7. We Who Wait - The Adverts: 2:02
  8. Scopes - Bauhaus: 1:29
  9. Rock N Roll Vacation In L.A. - Youth Gone Mad: 2:02
  10. In The Street Today - The Jam: 1:33
  11. Song 2 - Blur: 2:01
  12. She's Automatic - Rancid: 1: 35
  13. Love Me - The Cramps: 2:00
  14. Final Solution - Pere Ubu: 5:00 (cool-down/stretch)
I'm determined to take control over that which I can. Job or no job, personal problems or none, I do have the final say in this. I have the technology. I can rebuild me.


With any luck, this will be Melissa and me in the not-too-distant future!

3 comments:

Elwood said...

You're the one on the right, staring at the giddy one in horror, correct?

Heather said...

Actually, I think I'm the big dork!

Melissa said...

Haha, we'll both be the big dork :)

And thanks for the music list! I was getting tired of mine and need some new tunes. You rock (literally).