In other words, I am one of the ones now included in the near-record-high unemployment figures. I got laid off today.
Actually, to be more accurate, my company was so screwed up, it was impossible for me to succeed, so my job was just eliminated. They decided that since no amount of busting ass on my part was going to get my job done in the 40 hour workweek (ask me how many late nights I worked JUST last week...), that the system itself was broken and needed revamped - beginning with getting rid of me. It turns out that my boss actually had very little idea what I actually did there. So now, they're going to train her how to do it, then get rid of the redundancies and inefficiencies I'd been complaining about since I started, and then hire someone else to do it after a few months. Even if I was asked (and I won't be), that someone would not be me.
I'm not sitting around feeling sorry for myself though. I feel opportunity just around the corner, and in the next couple of days, I'm going to get to experience new places, see friends new and old, and who knows, maybe even discover a place where I could belong.
I apologize if you feel slighted for finding out about this in a blog post. With the exception of one person who was there for me right at the exact moment I found out, you're all getting the scoop at the same time. Just realize that there are so many of you who have extended your love and support that I just can't tell the story that many times. It's because I'm so spoiled rotten by all of you that I'm actually not all that upset at this point. I will prevail!
3 comments:
VIGILENCE!
Sorry that we have to have this in common, too. Enjoy the West Coast Mojo.
{{{HUGS}}}
Sorry to hear about your job, Heather, and sorry if I've come across as rude. I have a friend here who lost her job and I've been trying to be as positive as possible to the point where it comes across as cold. I guess being upbeat isn't always appropriate and I'm sorry if I've offended you; I'm not always great with words. Good luck with your job search!
I am thinking about you and let me know if there is anything I can do (aside from selling you to everyone I know, which I will already gladly do!)
Post a Comment