26 January, 2009

40,000 Flamingo Ping Pong Balls

I love New Year's celebrations, whether it's January 1st, Samhain, or like today, when the Chinese celebrate the beginning of the year of the Earth Ox.
I do sometimes wish they were a bit more spread out, instead of all being clumped together in the colder months. I suppose I could do some more research to discover other excuses to embrace renewal and rebirth throughout the calendar.

On this New Year's Day, I have a lot of newness in my life on which to meditate, but instead of getting into that just now, what's the real best part about a holiday???

PRESENTS!

I came home from work today to find a package from Twitter buddy, wordsmith-extraordinaire, and fellow Flamingo Ping-Pong enthusiast, Jeri Smith-Ready*!

The box contained copies of the books in her Aspect of Crow Trilogy:



*You have taken the quiz and sent her your results... haven't you!!?!?

3 comments:

Elwood said...

I'm an owl, apparently.

Heather said...

Not surprising, brother-bird! I'm a hawk!

Anonymous said...

Cool books! Good times to celebrate renewal in warmer months - spring equinox and summer solstice!