08 September, 2007

The first one

The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction
PO Box 3447
Hoboken, NJ 07030

Sept. 4, 2007

Dear Ms. Harris:

Thank you for submitting "Eat the Comet," but I'm going to pass on it. This tale didn't grab my interest, I'm afraid. Good luck to you with this one, and thanks again for sending it our way.

Sincerely,

John Joseph Adams
Assistant Editor
***

My mom just told me I was morbid because I said I was going to frame this letter and hang it up. Funny thing is, I'm not bummed about it at all. Yeah, it'd be great if they'd bought it, but I really had no expectation that they would. I read that they take about 1% of the material they publish from new writers. New goal is to have another packet together to send out to somewhere else by Friday.

No comments: